August 15, 2008

I Love Toronto

Toronto Propane Facility Explosion

This is going to be one of those Toronto moments. I was 25kms away from the blast and it sounded like thunder. My first reaction. "Dammit, rain AGAIN!?"





Thousands were evacuated from their homes.


The aftermath....


One firefighter died, an employee at the propane facility remains unaccounted for and charred unidentifiable body was found.

To make it all better, asbestos was found a day after residents were permitted to go home. Through it all a couple of class action lawsuits have been filed.

3 comments:

Angelo said...

Foofs, I didn't realize you were that close to that thing. What craziness. Luckily, there weren't more people hurt.

Jinx said...

My crazy sister was actually there when it was happening. She did one of those "what was that?" and approached the noise, like they do in horror movies.

Still absolutely nuts. But that "shut up" scene always gets me.

NO YOU SHUT UP!...
no. YOOOuuuu shut up!

That's all I picture

Anonymous said...

Woh! this is the first time I saw the clip of the explosion. I've heard it mostly in the radio but have not watched the news on TV. This is devastating indeed. I hope the victims get justice.