June 21, 2008

Boomerang Effect

“if you leave it and it comes back to you, it was meant to be”

I remember hearing these sentiments a couple of years ago, while I was tucked in a fetal position in the corner of my room whimpering on the phone to Clev. Not truly understanding the notion behind it, I felt that it was the end of the world (bless his patient heart). Like many things that I hear during the mist of any heart wrenching cathartic moment, I never really want to hear it. I want to play out the drama to its full magnitude and think that there is no way out, than to hear things being sugar coated with optimism. Well this time I actually say that I am a living example of the theory. It came back, and man is it meant to be.

The story goes… girl meets boy, girl falls for boy, boy finds girl-M, boy and girl break things off, boy ends things with girl-M, girl finds boy, girl falls for boy once again.

Yes there are little details in between, some that may have you wonder why go back to boy. But it feels so right this time around. One of my rules in the dating world is to never go back. I don’t believe in breaking up and making up, especially more than once. I have done it before and it was not worth it.

This situation was different; I really LET GO… I let go without a fight, just a bucket of tears. Trust me when I say that as hard headed and possessive as I can be at times it was the hardest thing for me to do. I hate losing, and I felt that I was giving up. But I didn’t give up… I let go.
After letting him go and taking time to get over all my negativity. The experienced enlightened me and helped me grow. Now when I look at where girl and boy are today I feel that it was all worth it. We have lived, learned and loved. I can think of him and be completely satisfied with the individuals we have become. Who knows what it would have been like if we didn’t part ways.

1 comment:

Angelo said...

like I said before, Love stinks.... don't waste your time or energy... just let it go, set them free and who cares if they come back or not hehe....