June 1, 2008

Take A Chance On Me

I find myself in a situation where I know a certain 'love one' is hiding something from me. Haven’t quite found out what it is… but I just know that I am not wrong. I have nothing to support my speculation but my intuition tells me that is all I need. I am pretty much waiting for time to come for me to address the issue.

I have been in this imaginative relationship with …. who I would love to consider the love of my life. He is the epidemy of what I would love in a partner… but I find myself going through the same b.s. with him over and over again. Tolerating actions that I would not in anyone else, and listening to him sugar coat outlandish excuses that I know should be written in a soap opera script.

We are not together in the sense where there is a solid ‘practical’ relationship. We are beyond platonic, and I sense that there is more to us then just knowing what makes each other tick.

I just wish he would just be candid about himself. I know it’s not an easy thing to put yourself out there, because I have some complications with doing that myself. But I think that I have reached a point in my life where I am willing to take that chance. And that’s what life is all about isn’t it? Taking chances? Taking the risk of being rejected, lied to, and played for a fool. Sure those are all negative things… but it can’t always be good.

So I have decided to give him the opportunity and space to come to me. I will let some air penetrated and try the art of patience. I just hope he comes out truthful and as honestly as he possibly can, because my patience non-existent.

I am sure his intentions mean well, but is it really necessary to hide and embellish a couple of things just for the sake keeping the peace? I just don’t know if there is a possibility of bliss after a couple of “white lies”. I am not saying I am a saint when it comes to being ingenuous, but I try. I don’t know if I could forgive as easily for deceit without a grand gesture or play it off without blowing the situation out of proportion.

Now I feel that I have been quite understanding and open-minded about life occurrences. I understand that people have wants and needs that they seek to fulfill. But why hide and cover up your actions and desires?

Maybe this is why I have been called abrasive. But I find that I don’t have time to waste when it comes to expressing how I feel. I love being in love… and the whole notion of oneness with a loved one. Its not necessarily me being in a state of panic with life ticking away every second. It’s just that I feel that I don’t have time to waste. Why waste precious feelings and time on someone who is just not where you are.

Just because you love someone doesn’t necessary mean that you have to be with them.
Just because you envision your life with them a certain way doesn’t mean that it will turn out.

I guess time will tell.

But I will definitely not waste it on someone who feels that they have to protect me with embellishments and hidden truths.

Just be forthright, get your feelings out there. You live and you fucking learn. Leave the childish games for children. Go out there get your feelings cut, bruised and crushed and let love live.

Just take note… I will call you out on our bullshit, and there is a limitation to the amount of times I will tolerate the obvious.

Cheers.

1 comment:

Angelo said...

Time is a bitch Foofs....

What happened to your old blog? I've been checking for your updates for so long. I've got a lot of reading and commenting to do here....BRB it's past my bedtime.