February 13, 2009

Expect Nothing

It has been a long while since I have had any form of motivation to do much, especially write.

But with the sun coming out today and my new sense of peace with myself, I thought a couple of notes would trigger what I hope will be an ongoing process.

There have been plenty of changes since my last post. So I will start off with 2009.

I rang in 2009 with a new place, freshly “officially” single, crazed, optimistic and having no expectations.

I decided that this year is going to be the year I start my new excursion to discover a life of no expectations and the uttermost fulfillment of the little joys in life.

I think I have always felt that way about many things in life, but I wanted to make it a part of my life. Every year January 1 has been a day of resolutions and hopeful promises. Which, like many others I forget soon after the euphoria the moment passes. I don’t really hold it against myself, but I can’t help but feel disappointed with my lack of discipline, to eat better, exercise, read more, help the needy, maintain my car, learn to play chess, or break any bad habits that I have been doing since childhood.

With joy I can honestly that up until this day I have owed up to my new mantra, and a life of no expectations has left me with ease.

It may not be for everyone… but I know myself well enough to cradle myself with precision and love. Knowing all the other self loving things will follow in due time.

2 comments:

Angelo said...

Foofs where the heck have you bin? I'm glad to hear you are at peace 2009 will be a great year. The Buddha teaches that we should live a life without attachments.... enlightenment and peace to you....
where are my pics?

Jinx said...

The pics are coming... I was finally able to upload them.

ENLIGHTENMENT AND PEACE to you too!
I like that insight.

2009 is going to be pleasant.

How is everything?!?!