March 11, 2009

What you looking at?

Finally!

I finally got my plumbing problem fixed this afternoon. It only took a month. My poor neighbour downstairs had to endure the leakage for all this time, and he was real patient about it. I don’t know if I could have been that patient, waiting on someone to fix a problem so I could go on with my life. It was even stressing me out and I wasn’t directly affected by it.

Well the plumber came this afternoon, and discovered that the spout needed a little corking. Could you believe that? After 2 plumbers and estimates up to $4000, corking fixed the problem. My landlord called it, but no one listened. Well anyhow this plumber was real odd. I don’t know if it was in a good way or not. He stared… real hard.

He came in with the superintendent and commented on how “cool” the set up of the place was. He then went into the washroom inspected the damage both up and downstairs, and within minutes diagnosed it and fixed it. While he was fixing it, he came to me to ask for some paper towel, so I gave him a whole roll. He took it and stared at me with this weird look, like he was confused about something. So I asked him if it was good enough and he said yes then walked away.

Five minutes later he comes into the kitchen where I am washing the dishes. He tells me the problem is fixed and that I shouldn’t use the shower for a couple of hours. Then he stares. I tell him thanks and he just stands and stares. He finally walked off with a pissed off look on his face like I said something nasty to him.

As he puts on his shoes, he randomly says, “Do you like dogs?”

“Huh?”
“Do you like dogs?”
“Ah, yeah I guess”
“You do or you don’t?”
“It depends, I like medium size dogs that don’t bark too much”
“Oh”
“What about you?”

He stares! He stood there and stared! It was then that I thought, he must have a condition or something so I shouldn’t take it too seriously. But it was weird. He didn’t answer my question and he left.

I went downstairs to express my relief for finally having the shower fixed and the plumber walked in and stared. The superintendent asked him if he was all done. The plumber nodded and walked away. Only to stand outside to peer through the window to stare.

Weirdo!

1 comment:

Angelo said...

two words: koo koo