July 4, 2008

Knowing When

The hardest thing about love is just knowing when. Knowing when to shut up, put up a fight, let things go, bringing things to the forefront, making peace and going to bed angry (sometimes its for the best).

These last couple of months have been hard lessons for me. With me and my ex “Me, Myself and I” (MMI) and LOML. I don’t think any emotional woman such as myself should have to go through so much. Me being me, always finds ways to embellish emotions and take it to extremes. Me being me, always wants things my way. Me being me, wants the best of everything. And of course me being me, doesn’t think that there is anything wrong with any of that. But in a relationship there is. There shouldn’t be any me’s… and I’s. You think I would have learnt that lesson from MMI… he was the epitome of ME and I…. (hence the name). I don’t think I have ever met anyone who was so self-centered and for a slight moment I reared the same ugly head.

LOML and I have come to this fork in the road… each path taking us in different directions. One with and without each other. It’s a hard thing to even think about. Of course if I could have things MY way… this wouldn’t be happening. Things would work out exactly as I have planned it out. Everything from our successful careers, to our flourishing businesses, and the bad ass kids that we raise.

I just want the best for both of us, and the realization is that might be in separate directions. I know we love each other and that’s what makes it so hard. We are each others halves… literally. Our birthdays cut right down the calendar on opposite ends… (astrologers don’t comment).

I am just coming to realize that this may be one of those “when” moments. And that really, really sucks. I wouldn’t want either one of us to have to suffer, or compromise everything to the state of regret. I wouldn’t want us to not be realistic about our relationship. I want us the be the badest *$%@ing thing to every grace any room, street or town. We would be practically invincible when together. Like a bionic duo, conquering the world with nothing but love. Silly isn’t it… but that is us. That is what we would be.

Wow ‘we’… I said it… thought it… and felt it. Now if it could only happen “I” would be thrilled… :P Just kidding… but no seriously I would.

No comments: